As a developer, I’ve always disliked how video conferencing software like Zoom and how it drains my energy the entire day. A few years ago, when I still worked on an office environment. I remember I didn’t have any of these issues with face to face meetings. When my senior dev checks on my code and asks me to come to his desk about my work, its fine. Maybe because the conversations were quick and straight forward.
Senior Dev: Hey come here for a second please… Points to his text editor on his monitor
Your api call to this endpoint – please change it from NSArray to NSDictionary.
Me: I see. Ok
Senior Dev: Hey can we chat for 10mins
Me: Sure. (But i’m not sure it was just a spontaneous answer, I should to go to the bathroom now just in case)
Senior Dev: (was 2 mins late) Sorry I still am on a call
Senior Dev: after 15 mins Hey just wanna tell you about the message I posted to you on slack today
Me: (*you hear very loud static sounds coming from your senior devs mic, not sure what but it bled your ears a bit)
Can you relate? There are also plenty of people who live with chaos. Children watching My Little Pony or Bob the Train. Hermitage lifestyle is impossible with good internet connection. Some have more than two dogs. Only a few enlightened ones have a home office.. Can’t really tell the world to stop while you check in on the meeting.
But always remember, they own you. You need to somehow show what’s is the current pace of your work. This is a century old game mechanic, they trade money for your services. And you need to show them progress, that’s part of work. I’m sure the Romans have a form of stand-up meeting. How else have they built those roads then? This is a solid argument that you have to surrender to the Zoom Fatigue.
That is why I’ve developed ScreenSherpa – a secure and quick screen sharing app that lets you save time and money so you get productive and focus more on your work.
But you may ask why another screen sharing app? As far as I know there is no 1-step instant screen sharing app for my needs. It’s either you need to connect via voice or video to each other first and work out everything from there. For me that is too time consuming and is one of the causes of the Zoom Fatigue.
Is this safe? Yes – very safe. We, Apple and the Mac App store values your safety. All apps that are downloaded from the App stores are confined to a sandbox and so the apps there are locked-in shut. We are committed to protect your privacy at all cost. We don’t store or send your screen sharing packets elsewhere but to your session guest only. This is the tech behind Peer to Peer technology behind WebRTC.
How much is this? – Right now we are giving everyone free access and a bonus 1 year free premium subscriptions. Effective on the first day it’s announced
What are the features?
- Instant auto-connect – Don’t let your concentration drop on your work. Just send them the link and let them connect on their own convenience. Once they did, you’ll get notified and just demo it them.
- Iterate 10x – For designers and UI devs. Instead of sending new screenshots every of every “pls move that to the left.. no a little more” of that new UI. Why not show them your screen instead.
- Confident progress reports – There is no voice chat. We hate anything voice or video related. Once your viewer connects just demo the work that you’ve done so far and that’s it.
- High Definition streaming – The resolution is delivered on 720p. Because we are developers to begin with and we want the smallest of fonts readable as we share, this is a no compromise for us.
- It’s Secure – App is sandboxed by the Mac App Store so you are secured. Every chat room is disposable. Change your room id as often as you like.
- Reliable Privacy with Peer to Peer – Your screen sharing sessions are never sent or stored to any server and its packets are only delivered to the browser of the person who is viewing it. This is possible with WebRTC protocol. We have spent months researching this technology and it was like black magic to us back then.
Download the app and sign up now – its FREE
*with only a limited time offer – we only have limited slots available